Forget my last post, I won't be showing any example code or doing a tutorial on random spawning.
Not yet anyway.
I figure there is a lot more to it than I originally thought. My basic understanding of what is needed to achieve it, as far as I can tell, is pretty solid.
However the structuring of the code and what to code first is the part I'm struggling with.
Also, I need to learn a bit of C++ to code my bubbles.
Unfortunately C is not an 'object oriented' programming language, which, as far as my game is concerned, means I am unable to create a reusable bubble object that has certain properties assigned to it. Not easily anyway.
Why didn't I learn C++ in the first place?
I did, well, I tried at least. When it came to learning about Classes, which in essence are objects with properties, I got a bit lost and didn't really understand what I was learning.
Now though, because I have a goal I am finding it a lot easier to take the information in because I am relating everything I am reading to a part if my iPhone app.
The reason I went with C instead of C++ though is;
1. Because DragonfireSDK supports both,
2. I figured C would be easier.
Anywho, if you are looking to learn C then I have posted a link on the right to the book I am using.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment