So, this is the compulsory first post with all the introductory material, however, I have created a 'What is this?' page which should cover all of that so I won't write it all again here. I'm just going to talk about my idea.
I'm not going to tell you exactly what my idea is because, well, it's hard to completely explain and I don't want you to do it first. Lol
However I will tell you it's a game that involves popping coloured bubbles.
Should be simple enough to create however I'm a novice to Objective C or C++ whichever one DragonfireSDK uses. I'm pretty sure it's Objective C but I don't want to believe that as I've spent the last few weeks learning C++ *doh!*
Anywho, I have an outline of my game, a background graphic and a button template.
I've managed to create a 'view' of my background and placed a button that can be pressed, so I've got the workings of a menu.
Now, I've done a little research on creating a menu with Dragonfire and apparently I need to create a finite state machine! I have an understanding on how these work but don't have the first clue how to implement them.
So that's my first request, someone help me understand this.
A bit more info might help yes? Ok!
I understand we need to 'define' states to start with, so the states of my game will be,
MAIN_MENU
PLAY_GAME
HOW_TO_PLAY
CONTACT
and possibly
AD_FREE
Where do define these?
I believe I set the first state (MAIN_MENU) in appmain()? Do I code the menu there or. Just call it? Or do I code all states in OnTimer()
If any more info is needed please
leave a comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment